Ways you can help make Eugene/Springfield Cities of Kindness
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Spreading Kindness Campaign. Please fill out the contact form below if you have questions or are interested in any of the options on this page.
- Be a kindness ambassador: Promote kindness in your own way and let us know what you are doing.
- If you have experience and are interested in helping us plan how to reach out to any of these types of organizations, please let us know. We can talk about what you might do that would benefit the campaign and be meaningful for you.
• Faith based organizations
• Health providers
• Service clubs, such as Rotary
- Organize your friends, family, colleagues, club, or faith group to participate in a 21-Day Acts of Kindness Challenge that you initiate.
- Organize your friends, family, colleagues, club, or faith group to create your own Acts of Kindness board: Put a poster board and a stack of post-its in an easy-to-reach area. Encourage people to write acts of kindness received or given on the post-its and put them on the board.
- Organize your friends, family, colleagues, club, or faith group to volunteer for a non-profit: For example, Egan Warming Center, Sunday Interfaith Breakfast, Burrito Brigade, Friends of Trees. See our list of ideas here.
- Help our neighbors living in tents and cars by sending an email to your City Councilor or County Commissioner to request a policy change toward people living without permanent shelter. You can view a sample letter and contact information here.
- Host a (virtual) Bridging the Divide gathering: Bring a few people from all sides of the political spectrum together for a controlled talk to understand each other’s views, find common ground, and help depolarize America.
- Write a letter to the editor related to kindness: Let us know if it gets published.
- Have another idea on how to help us? Submit a proposal of what you would like to do for the Spreading Kindness Campaign.
- Watch our email updates for new volunteer opportunities.