Ways you can help make Eugene/Springfield Cities of Kindness
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Spreading Kindness Campaign. Please fill out the contact form below if you have questions or are interested in any of the options on this page.
- Be a kindness ambassador: Promote kindness in your own way and let us know what you are doing.
- Distribute our new postcards: One side has the 2021 logo to begin the buzz for the 2021 World Athletics Championships. This will be the largest sporting event in the world in 2021, with 3000 media attendees coming to Eugene and a billion viewers worldwide. The current version has the Campaign logo. If interested, businesses can get the back customized with their own logo and website. We would like to see the postcards on the counters of restaurants, other businesses, schools, non-profits, service clubs, and faith-based organizations.
- If you have experience in media, promotion/outreach, marketing, or business: Please let us know and we can discuss what you might do that would benefit the campaign and be meaningful for you.
- Let us know about opportunities for a Spreading Kindness outreach table: For example, at a community event, a neighborhood gathering, or your church/temple. And, if you can, help us make arrangements to have an outreach table there.
- Staff an outreach table with another person: Our table includes our literature and an Acts of Kindness board for people passing by to write their act of kindness on a post-it note and stick it on the board.
- Organize your friends, family, colleagues, club, or faith group to participate in a 21-Day Acts of Kindness Challenge that you initiate.
- Organize your friends, family, colleagues, club, or faith group to create your own Acts of Kindness board: Put a poster board and a stack of post-its in a easy-to-reach area. Encourage people to write acts of kindness received or given on the post-its and put them on the board.
- Organize your friends, family, colleagues, club, or faith group to volunteer for a non-profit: For example, Egan Warming Center, Sunday Interfaith Breakfast, Burrito Brigade, Friends of Trees. See our list of ideas here.
- Host a Bridging the Divide gathering: Bring a few people from all sides of the political spectrum together for a controlled talk to understand each others views, find common ground, and help depolarize America.
- Write a letter to the editor related to kindness: Let us know if it gets published.
- Have another idea on how to help us? Submit a proposal of what you would like to do for the Spreading Kindness Campaign.
- Watch our email updates for new volunteer opportunities.